12.22.2009

hark dun dun dun!

check it out!

I know what you're thinking... and you're right, it has been a while since we blogged last. But, check this, yo: we've been spending the last 2 months teaching Ben how to play acoustic guitar, so we could make you this really kitschy Christmas video. Actually, it's not all that kitschy, although while we were filming it, I said, "wait! should we do something kitschy?" and received two simultaneous response (I forgot who said what):

Response #1: "We're recording a 4-part harmony Christmas carol on 4 acoustic guitars! What more could we do??"

Response #2: "What's 'kitschy' mean?"

In any case, you're right. It has been too long, and I intend to keep you guys posted on what we're doing over the next couple of months. We're going to be holing up in our cave in Gnashville and writing, recording, and dancing/prancing around in the kitchen to Good Old War.

Oh and, it didn't really take 2 months to teach Ben his guitar part. He's actually pretty good at guitar.

Enjoy spending the holidays with people you love. And hopefully you'll listen to us around them. Bam!

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes, in certain snowfalls, I hear Carol of the Bells playing in my head to the way the snow is falling. And whenever I listen to the song, when I close my eyes, I see snowflakes falling.

    Short comment (for me.) My fingers are locking up again. So this is my "make some tea, see if anything interesting has happened in the four hours since my last break, before sitting down with pen and paper until either I can't hold the pen or I can't let it go when I'll stop to make coffee" break. Luckily for me, you didn't fail me in the "anything interesting" part.

    I'll look forward to catching up on the blog shenanigans when I get back from Ireland!! I doubt you'll have much to say before then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Matt, your teeth are brilliantly white!! Not in the "my eyes are blinded by the whiteness of your teeth" way. Just in an "Orbit clean" way.

    I approve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used the word kitschy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.P.S. The snow right now is THAT sort of snowfall. The snow at midnight was NOT snow for that song. It was....whatever music sparkles and drifts on air currents hovering just out of reach because it's so light and then falls like tiny flashing diamonds beneath the city lights. I don't know what song is matched to that snow yet, I haven't found it, but I do know that's not Carol of the Bells snow.

    But the current snow globe snow IS the right sort of snow for the song. It might even be 4 part harmony on acoustic guitar Carol of the Bells snow.

    They both make me happy, in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice.

    Since you guys did so well teaching Ben to play the acoustic guitar, maybe you should help me figure out how to play the one I just got for Christmas. Think on it. I may be able to offer puppy chow for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. psst...
    I know matt, john, and ben.
    Who's the fourth guy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have to agree with the orbit commercial thing, very white indeed (: but yeah that was beautiful! job well done :D

    ReplyDelete